The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Monday, May 03, 2004

Rambling on a Train

Sitting on the train, going back to Southampton. Just spent a long weekend with Rich in Plymouth. Had a great time.

I miss having him around, he's great company. He said the other day as we walked back from the cinema that he liked having me as a companion. I know what he means. Just having him around to talk to and share things with is nice. I think we will always be this comfortable around each other.

We went to see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spottless Mind" yesterday, and on the way home we were talking and we decided that neither of us had any bad memories of each other. I like that feeling...

...Wow thats alot of very white houses...

...sorry got distracted there. I was saying I like the way I have no bad memories of Rich, we've never had a fight, never said anything hateful or anything. I hope it stays like that, I think it will.
We also saw "Secret Window", that was on the saturday afternoon. It was quite good. It was adapted from a Stephen King novel and there have been some really crap adaptations of Stephen King novels in the past...

...hmmm, I wonder what the final score in the snooker final was, I wonder if it has finished for that matter...

...like "Dreamcatcher", and "Thinner" although I didn't think "Dreamcatcher" was that bad. But yes, "Secret Window" was ok, it was better than some but not as good as others. What else did we do?,, Spent a lot of money, we did that, I think we ate out every meal time, Friday I ate on the train, Saturday we had lunch at Pizza Hut, dinner at Subway, then Sunday we had lunch at Subway, dinner at Pizza Express and today we had dinner at the Roundabout, but we did have lunch in, well brunch anyway. But whatever the count it cost quite a bit.

We also went to Riley's to play pool and I got myself a membership for £5, which was nice. We played four games on one of the hire tables and I beat Rich 3-1, tee hee. We were both really bad. I like playing pool. I think Rich and I will definitely get a pool table when we're older and have the space for one...

...does that man over there keep giving me looks? Hmmm, maybe it's just me, I can't imagine I am doing anything to disturb him...

...ooh, are we coming up to a station? I guess its Totness next...

These train journeys are always so long. I had a bit of a fiasco on the way here, you see I only decided to come about...

...ooh, moving again...

...3 hours before I got on the train. I had a dedline moved back you see and it meant I didn't really need to be in Southampton so I basically ran home, stopped at the post office to send dads birthday card and present, ran the rest of the way home and called Rich. He eventually said ok and I threw some stuff in a bag and went to the train station. However I must have dropped my railcard in the room as it was gone at the station and I had to pay an extra £15 for my tickets. Oh well, its my own fault. But that was just the start of it. I then went and got on the wrong train, got off as soon as I realised, at Bittern, and caught the next one back, which wasted an hour. Finally on the right train I had to change at Westbury, but the connecting train was late and I had to hang around for ages. The second train was really crowded too, mostly with drunk people consoling themselves about the delay with drink. Some people eh!

But that was about the last of the problems. Rich was nearly on time to the station but not quite. I forgive him though, he had been spontaneously cleaning his room for me...

...the windows on this train are really filthy...

...Anyway, I think I have had enough of typing now...

...uh oh, next stop Newton Abbott, I'm sitting in a seat reserved from Newton Abbott, I better put my lap top away incase I have to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.