The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

"I'm getting older and older and older, and always a little further out of the way" - Counting Crows - August And Everything After

My head is hurting. I have no idea why, as I have done too little to really make it hurt. Maybe I shouldn't have tried working out Gentoo. :P

Turning the lights down improves the situation slightly. It makes it feel more secure in here, surrounded by the trash and CDs and boxes my life is currently throwing around at me. It's not as untidy as it was last time it got in a mess. It feels more like the way my mind feels. A little messy, a little chaotic, but encapsulated and homely.

My room is slowly becoming my space. As the days are passing, I'm feeling more and more like this is home. I should really have a little throwing away day though, because no matter how welcoming the gentle chaos is, there is stuff that's lying on my floor which needs to be trashed. *sigh* I'll get round to it at some point.

I'm slowly feeling like I'm getting on top of all my work, and that I can sleep a little sounder. I'm feeling good tonight. I don't know why. Maybe it's the warm lulling me into a relaxed state of mind. It's still full of words, but at least they are words that are just flowing, rather than forcing themselves out, trying to jump through my fingers and onto the printed screen.

The presidency, I feel, is going well. I do feel as if the exec team (including myself, of course) are doing a lot better a job than last year's team. Last year, it felt more like Dave and Ryan couldn't be bothered anymore. It's a shame really. This year, however, I do believe that people are pulling their weight in the team. Skippy, although I have a go at him constantly (I always feel really bad posthumously that I do that, I really must apologise to him), is doing a fantastic job arranging all these things for the society without asking.

Also, Dan is being an absolute star in the Treasury department, as well as acting as a part-secretary and co-ordinator. He did a fantastic job with the presentations, making sure that they didn't go over people's heads. Also, he's a great right-hand man. I couldn't ask for a better person to help.

Gem is a great lass, she does know her sh*t. I'm a little concerned that sometimes she thinks I'm talking down to her (occasionally, she gets this look accross her face as if she wants me to shut up, it's kind of un-nerving).

Dan Ca was a git for not EVER turning up to a meeting. I do like the way no-one has seen him since last term. I'm glad he got kicked out in a way. I have no real patience for timewasters.

Personally, I think Ben's going to have it easy this year. As we've got used to not having a secretary, he'll probably end up just being another member of the exec team. I believe these role names mean nothing anymore anyway, as we all do each other's jobs. This might all change next year, with Dan on his work placement.

I think Nat and Tamsyn will broaden our socials a little (maybe). They have some good ideas, though I'm not sure whether all their ideas are particularly relevant, as quite a few people in the society aren't clubbers really, but hey, it's a change I suppose.

I should really work out how Dave is compromising these boxes. chkrootkit is running, so maybe it'll pick up something.

The chill has come. My happiness is ebbing, possibly because the tiredness is setting in (as always).

I must admit that Chrissey sounds really optimistic about this 'opening a cinema' idea. It's making me feel a little optimistic too (shock-horror!).

Tomorrow I'll do something artistic, maybe cover my walls with more adverts and posters. Right now I'm too tired. Tomorrow, I'll finish off the video project, write it up, and it's done. Till then world, goodnight.



That was freaky.... Mixer.exe clocking up over 100MB of memory. I must check that out. (End Process). Well, nothing's happened, so it may be a lovely virii. Anyway, as I said, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.