The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Severence unpaid

A few days back, I happened to catch Severence with a group of friends. I didn't intend to see it, but my cinema-working friend had blagged us some free tickets so I thought it would be worth a shot.

Essentially it's a comedy horror (more comedy than horror: I would probably say even more than Shaun of The Dead which always makes me feel depressed at the end). The storyline is about a group of office workers who, after having a few problems with a coach driver who doesn't speak English and a manager who doesn't speak Hungarian, get stranded in the middle of nowhere. Apart from their accomodation being a bit run down, they just can't get along with each other. But that's the least of their worries after they start seeing people lurking in the forest.

I wasn't really expecting to enjoy this (seeing as I was being dragged along by a horror obsessive) but I found it was well worth a watch. 4 stars.

In other news: I had some summer work to complete for Media Arts (despite me changing over to Computing). After 3 or 4 weeks of sitting in my office at home, I finally got it done and sent off. Hopefully, it'll break the 40% boundary so I can start my Uni life proper.

Finally, I found out that the track featured on the Orange animal package adverts (you know, the one that goes 'yo, yo, yo, yo, yo. I need an empire to overthrow') is by a bloke calling himself 'Final Fantasy' and named the track 'Adventure.exe' (taken from the album 'Final Fantasy has a good home'). He has also made an album called 'He Poos Clouds' all about the 'eight schools of magic in Dungeons & Dragons' and named after a song about being sexually attracted to Link from Zelda. Riiiiiight.

I'm moving down to Plymouth with my girly in 2 weeks, so hopefully everything will be back to normal by then. See you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.