The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

"Contains your Recommended Daily Intake of Chunks" - Advert for Ben & Jerry's

Got back from a 12 1/2 hour train journey that should have only taken 5 hours by car. I'm not complaining though, I could easily have been on the train that took 7 lives, including 5 passengers. I shudder at the thought. Every 4 weeks, I take that train. Admittedly, I am never on it at the point where the crash happened, and yesterday, I, in all likelihood, would never have ended up on that train, but still, it does make you think. A split-second is all it takes.

The CD has stopped. The eerie silence left by the lack of Fatboy Slim's 'Better Living Through Chemistry' is making me feel odd. I don't know why. Maybe I expect to hear something which I'm not.

In any case, I think more music is required to fill this bizarre inky void which has come over the room. I think Aphex Twin's 'Come To Daddy' is in reach, so I may as well stick that on. Out comes Soulwax's 'Any Minute Now' out the CD changer, in goes bizarre electronica. Turn it down, skip Daddy Mix, lovely.

I really need to get a sensible amount of sleep. I either sleep too long or sleep too little, either way it's bad for me.

I'm suprised by the amount of time it takes me to write these mind-blargs. Already within one sentence, I'm through 1 track of the EP. Bizarre that.

Just finished 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' for the nth time. It doesn't seem to be a book that sticks in my mind too well, and I always have this sense of lacking at the end of it, like it doesn't feel like you've reached the end when you do.

I might have to turn this off, it's disturbing me in my current frame of mind. Instead, flick to Computer mode on HiFi, dig out Bernard Butler's 'People Move On' (an incredibly indestinct and chilled album, I must admit) from the pile of albums I didn't bring down but are handily on MP3, and calm. Argh! I think I hear MP3 rot!

Why does MP3 rot occur (also known as drunken MP3s, only with it occuring after time, rather than due to a crummy download), I wonder? That shimmeryness that can occur when the data starts corrupting? This appears to have only started since I converted to NTFS and WindowsXP. Skip says he was having a similar problem on his collection (though his is mostly 'acquired', so I have no sympathy). Maybe a Microsoft ploy to get people on to secure WMAs :P

I need Coke. Or Dr. Pepper. That combination of caffeine and sugars which keeps me motivated. Also, the hunger is moving in. Admittedly, I haven't had that much to eat in the past day, maybe that has something to do with it. I've just noticed that Bernard Butler's 'You Just Know' has a similar chord sequence to Mull Historical Society's 'Watching Xanadu'. Hmm. I'm at least 62% certain that this came out pre-Mull Historical's first album, though. Sigh.

And that's it for this burst of installment. Tune in again sometime for more blarg from me, The MooseBlaster. God's speed, men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.