The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

How to waste a bucket of time

Did you know that most of the time on the web is wasted trying to hunt down something you've seen before and can't remember for the life of you remember what it's called?

I've certainly found that out over the past 40 minutes. Whilst taking a break from my horribly busy work schedule, I decided that I would spend one of my 'free iTunes song' vouchers on something. I had a browse, but couldn't find anything in particular I wanted.

Then, I remembered about a french song I heard on the radio months ago, and remembered even more vividly that I'd watched the incredibly weird video for it, involving some blue wool crawling around and trying desperately to knit round the singer until she was cocooned in it. So, I started Googling.

I tried:
music video blue string
music video "blue wool" jumper
french singer blue jumper
music video entangled in blue wool
even leading up to:
"music video" blue wool crawling around knitting a sweater which she becomes trapped in

Really.

After lots of jumping around angrily and not wanting to go back to work until I found it, I realised that I'd seen it on the web site Video-C. However, the search engine on their site really, really sucks. Seriously. It'll tell you a couple of popular videos, but unless you know the exact name of the artist you're looking for, you're screwed.

It didn't occur to me that the easiest way would be to go back to Google and type: french site:video-c.co.uk for another 10 minutes because, seeing as it was a British site, it was unlikely to use the term 'french' that often. After scouring lots and lots of pages of search results I spotted it, played it, and then I realised that the song was actually fairly pap (I'd listened to it on loop at some point and appear to be sick to death of it - don't ask).

Oh well. In case, like me, you were looking for a music video involving a french female singer and lots of crawling about blue wool, here's Camille - Ta Douleur.

Right, back to work.

UPDATE: On review, it's not *that* pap, but I don't really want to buy it as much as I probably used to. Also, I spent my iTunes voucher on Regina Spektor's "On The Radio" instead. Here's the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.