The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'Let them know you realise that life moves fast, it's hard to make the good things last...'

My grandfather died on Sunday. He was 90 (which, as my father keeps telling me, is a ripe old age).

It's funny how life goes. One night you're laughing and having fun with your friends. The next night you're a wreck, confused and infuriated at the loss of a loved one. Even odder was the way that I sent him a card the night before, and was discussing with Chrissey what to get him for Christmas.

It's odd... I feel kind of numb to the whole situation now. I'm sure that, come January when we say our goodbyes, I'll be falling apart. I'm just glad that the whole family got together in the summer to celebrate his birthday.

In the end, though, he had a very good life and I just want to thank him for being a great granddad. Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.