The rants of a constantly ticking mind, combined with a mess of reviews and obscure titling methods.

Friday, January 21, 2005

'You think Frank wants you? Mutton dressed as laaaaaamb?'

OK, I'm going to try to write this thing in two stages. One just before I go to bed, and then I'll do the other half tomorrow. It's only because I think I won't write too much now, but I want to get some stuff written whilst it's still in my head.

So what have I been up to then? Good question, and one I'll get to once I know where I was last time I wrote.




Blimey! Has it really been that short ago, but yet feel like it was a million years have passed? Maybe because I've been doing so much over the past few weeks. So let's begin now.

On the 9th, I moved back south to good ol' Plym of Mouth to re-start Uni, feeling refreshed and with a clear mind.

Lectures re-started on the 10th, finding that all my lectures are compressed into 2 days (meaning, yeah I work from 10am till 5:30pm without a planned break on a Monday, but I get Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off! Good swap, eh? :)

Work is progressing with turning TermiSoc into a society the union can be proud of, instead of the bane of their existance. A recent count of number of current projects was in the range of 10-15. Now, that may sound like lots of projects to be doing, but because it's spread over several people, it isn't a lot of work.

Jesus, I sometimes forget how damn good 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers is. Especially listening to it on headphones, cranked up. It's a perfect tale of going home and imagining what your girlfriend could be up to. A perfect combo track to this would be 'Monday Morning, 5:19' by Rialto, which is a song about getting concerned his girlfriend isn't picking up the phone, and believes she's currently making love to somebody in the back of a car. Nice. Hmph, nothing quite gets me into the same mood on the album. Flick over to good ol' 'Ziggy Stardust'. Bliss.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. Plenty of projects to do then. I'm back onto the coke again... sorry, Pepsi Max (for a change). So, apart from Termisoc, thoughts about future media projects keep wandering through my mind. I have so many ideas right this second. I have to do an exhibition in April :O Well, not a whole presentation, but I have to do a piece for a presentation, so to keep my grades up, I'll produce two. Also, I have pieces on 'Information Warfare' and an essay to write, as well as a internet site on a real space. Sound familiar? It does to me, especially after doing the Concrete Carbuncle site. *sigh* Never mind, I'll just do something incredibly artsy for a change. GRRR! Peeing desk keeps falling apart on me. If anyone can remember, I was 'sans keyboard desk' for a while, which resulted in my broken '0' key. Now, both are fixed, apart from the desk occasionally splays and causes the keyboard shelf to drop off it's bracket and bang on my leg. I'll have to get around to glueing it at some point.

Oooh, meeting with Lorna Dallas tomorrow. Lorna is the lass who tries to aid Termisoc as best she can in liasoning with the money side of UPSU. We/I need to speak to her about both the LAN Party project (hopefully happening 9th of March) and our MAME Arcade machine project. The Arcade machine idea is a little dubious, because we need to assess it's a)legality, and b) possibility of running it for cash (be it for us or UPSU).

Anyway, probably going to go to bed now. Night for now

Update 21/01/05 - Oh well, just remembered I had to finish this off, but so tired. I think I'll write another entry another time, so goodnight everybody... *thunk*



zzz

zzz

zzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
All contents (C)2004-07 Rich Jeffery & Chrissey Harrison. Please ask permission before copying.